Ray County Board of Services
The mission of the Board and its entities is to promote an environment (array of services and supports) whereby citizens of Ray County with developmental disabilities and their families have the opportunity to have productive and fulfilling lives
Ray County Board of Services takes the long view towards supporting individuals with disabilities. The current model of residential, day habilitation and personal assistant supports serve a crucial need throughout Ray County. These supports are a marathon of services that require resources and stainability well into the future.
Ray County Board of Services is well aware of the issues surrounding the sheltered workshops throughout the nation. Our organization is responsible for the infrastructure supports of the sheltered workshop in Ray County and in such continues to support their ongoing employment efforts in the community. Still, we are cognizant to the future needs of those individuals employed and supported through the sheltered workshop. With that in mind, RCBS will begin to expand its current program supports to include Medicaid Waiver Employment Services, and provide an additional choice for supported individuals residing in Ray County.
- Persons with developmental disabilities are valuable people with all basic rights and all human needs.
- Persons with developmental disabilities should have the freedom and opportunity to be the best they can or choose to be.
- Persons with the developmental disabilities have the right to live, make choices and take risks
- Persons with developmental disabilities have the right to appropriate services and supports across their life span.
- Persons with developmental disabilities have the right to fully participate in the community.
Board of Directors
Kent Wheeler – Chairman
Don Blankenship – Vice-Chairman
Werner Moentmann – Secretary
Jean Schmidt – Treasurer
Anita Johnson – Director
Kenny Goetz – Director
Jan Jackson – Director
Debbie King – Director
Karen Swafford – Director
John Hartman – Executive Director
Tina Dinwiddie – Director of
Administration and Human Resources
Developmental Disabilities Services
Laura Beth Meier – DD Services Director
Residential ISL Services
Day Program Services
PA, ISDL, Community Integration
Board of Directors Meetings
Third Monday of the month, 7pm, Board Room, 200 N College St, Richmond, MO 64085
Contact us at:
200 North College Street
Richmond, Missouri 64085
Phone – 816-470-7140
Fax – 816-776-3383